A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval....Mark Twain.........Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest....Mark Twain.....Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time....Mark Twain....It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt....Mark Twain....Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please...Mark Twain....Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed....Mark Twain...Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint New beginnings and other musings...: Elliott Carter and Elliott Carter new beginnings...

Friday, September 4, 2009

Elliott Carter and Elliott Carter new beginnings...

When my daughter and her husband told us they were naming their new child, Elliott Carter,  we thought to ourselves, that's a nice name. It had a good ring to it...how little did I know at the time that our grandson carries the same name as the famous classical composer,  Elliott Carter. One of my visitors, Joe, passed that information on to me and I really appreciated it. Thank you Joe...


I was thinking at first, seeing all of the visitors from all over the world, stopping by to visit my blog, boy am I a popular guy or what? Now I know the draw is my grandson and his famous name. Little Elliott doesn't have a clue right now, nor does he care that his name is tied to a famous person, but as he grows over the years, I will now be proud to tell him how special his name is. To all of my visitors stopping by, I can only say thank you, and I hope you enjoy what you see on my blog site and have taken a little time to explore it and check out the pictures and slide show of Elliott in his beginning stage of life. Perhaps Elliott will also become a composer or at least have his interests moved toward the arts. I will teach him the best I can with my new found knowledge. For all of those searching for the composer, so you won't be disappointed, I am going to add some links to Elliott Carter, the composer, and for me also, so I can research and learn about this man who, from what little I know, is a very talented person. Thank you all for stopping by to visit this once lonely blog... leave a note if you want to, as I would love to hear from you and one day I will pass your words and thoughts onto my grandson... thanks

4 comments:

  1. "Perhaps Elliott will also become a composer or at least have his interests moved toward the arts."

    Composers are a dime a dozen these days. What America needs is good middle-relief pitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...very true!! more money in that field to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful baby little Elliott is!

    The Pacifica Quartet's recent recordings of the older Elliott's string quartets, on Naxos, are fantastic. I was lucky enough to hear them play the full cycle in one concert last December, an insane feat brought off with great panache and musicianship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this the same little elliott carter who is now on Facebook?

    ReplyDelete

 
A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval....Mark Twain.........Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest....Mark Twain.....Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man, but coaxed downstairs a step at a time....Mark Twain....It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt....Mark Twain....Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please...Mark Twain....Let us be thankful for the fools. But for them the rest of us could not succeed....Mark Twain...Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint...